Tuesday, May 3, 2016

One Substance

There is a soul which is unchanging, and what we call feelings and perceptions, nay, even the body, are the very soul, seen from another point of view. 
We have got into the habit of thinking that we have bodies and souls and so forth, but really speaking, there is only one. 

When I think of myself as the body, I am only a body; 
it is meaningless to say I am something else. 
And when I think of myself as the soul, the body vanishes, and the perception of the body does not remain. 

None can get the perception of the Self without his perception of the body having vanished, none can get perception of the substance without his perception of the qualities having vanished.
                      
                - Swami Vivekananda

No comments:

Post a Comment