Friday, February 17, 2017

"I am, I am"

Bodies and minds change; misery, happiness, good and evil come and go; days and years roll on; 
            life comes and goes; but He dies not. 
The same voice, "I am, I am," is eternal, unchangeable. 
    In Him and through Him we know everything. 
         In Him and through Him we see everything. 
In Him and through Him we sense, we think, we live, and we are.   And that "I," which we mistake to be a little "I," 
limited, is not only my "I," but yours, the "I" of everyone, of the animals, of the angels, of the lowest of the low. 

That "I am" is the same in the murderer as in the saint, 
                the same in the rich as in the poor, the same in man 
                    as in woman, the same in man as in animals. 
From the lowest amoeba to the highest angel, He resides in  
   every soul, and eternally declares, "I am He, I am He." 

When we have understood that voice eternally present there, when we have learnt this lesson, 
the whole universe will have expressed its secret. 

Nature will have given up her secret to us. Nothing more remains to be known. 
Thus we find the truth for which all religions search, that all this knowledge of material sciences is but secondary. 
That is the only true knowledge which makes us one with this Universal God of the Universe. 

                                  - Swami Vivekananda, 
                                   Lecture in England





No comments:

Post a Comment