Thursday, August 24, 2017

One Existence - I am He

Let everything go but that One Existence. 
"Where one hears another, where one sees another, that is small; where one does not hear another, where one does not see another, that is Infinite." 

That is the highest when the subject and the object become one. When I am the listener and I am the speaker, when I am the teacher and I am the taught, when I am the creator, and I am the created -- then alone fear ceases; there is not another to make us afraid. 

There is nothing but myself, what can frighten me? 
This is to be heard day after day. Get rid of all other thoughts. Everything else must be thrown aside, and this is to be repeated continually, poured through the ears until it reaches the heart, until every nerve and muscle, every drop of blood tingles with the idea that I am He, I am He. Even at the gate of death say, "I am He." 

                     - Swami Vivekananda, Talk in New-York



No comments:

Post a Comment