Thursday, December 7, 2017

God in Good and Evil

It is not so easy to be good. What are you but mere machines until you are free? 
Should you be proud because you are good? Certainly not. 
You are good because you cannot help it. 
Another is bad because he cannot help it. If you were in his position, who knows what you would have been. 

The woman in the street, or the thief in the jail, is the Christ that is being sacrificed that you may be a good man. 
Such is the law of balance. 

All the thieves and the murderers, all the unjust, the weakest, the wickedest, the devils, they are all my Christ! 

I owe a worship to the God Christ and to the demon Christ! That is my doctrine, I cannot help it. 
My salutation goes to the feet of the good, the saintly, and to the feet of the wicked and the devilish!

Swami Vivekananda, Talk in Los Angeles



No comments:

Post a Comment