Saturday, April 14, 2018

Essential Goodness

Of this I am certain that not one aspiration, well-guided or ill-guided in my life, has been in vain, but that I am the resultant of all my past, both good and evil. 
I have committed many mistakes in my life; but mark you, 
I am sure of this that without every one of those mistakes 
I should not be what I am today, and so am quite satisfied to have made them. 

I do not mean that you are to go home and willfully commit mistakes; do not misunderstand me in that way. 
But do not mope because of the mistakes you have committed, but know that in the end all will come out straight. 

It cannot be otherwise, because goodness is our nature, purity is our nature, and that nature can never be destroyed. Our essential nature always remains the same. 
        
                - Swami Vivekananda, 
                 Practical Vedanta IV, London



No comments:

Post a Comment