Monday, July 2, 2018

Only Atman

Where none sees none, where none speaks to none, that is the highest, that is the great, that is the Brahman. 
Being That, you are always That. 
What will become of the world then? 
What good shall we do to the world? 

Such questions do not arise. 
"What becomes of my gingerbread if I become old?" says the baby! 
"What becomes of my marbles if I grow? So I will not grow," says the boy! 
"What will become of my dolls if I grow old?" says the little child! 

It is the same question in connection with this world; 
it has no existence in the past, present, or future. 
If we have known the Atman as It is, if we have known that there is nothing else but this Atman, that everything else is but a dream, with no existence in reality, then this world with its poverties, its miseries, its wickedness, and its goodness will cease to disturb us. 

            - Swami Vivekananda, 
              Talk in New-York


No comments:

Post a Comment