Thursday, January 31, 2019

Faith in Ancestors

I am one of the proudest men ever born, but let me tell you frankly, it is not for myself, but on account of my ancestry. 

The more I have studied the past, the more I have looked back, more and more has this pride come to me, and it has give me the strength and courage of conviction, raised me up from the dust of the earth, and set me working out that great plan laid out by those great ancestors of ours. 

Children of those ancient Aryans, through the grace of the Lord may you have the same pride, may that faith in your ancestors come into your blood, may it become a part and parcel of your lives, may it work towards the salvation of the world! 

                 - Swami Vivekananda, 
                   Address at Lahore, 
                   Lectures From Colombo to Almora


No comments:

Post a Comment