Monday, April 8, 2019

Onward, My Brave Boys!

I want that there should be no hypocrisy, no Jesuitism, no roguery. I have depended always on the Lord, always on Truth broad as the light of day. 
Let me not die with stains on my conscience for having played Jesuitism to get up name or fame, or even to do good.
There should not be a breath of immorality, nor a stain of policy which is bad.

No shilly-shally, no esoteric blackguardism, no secret humbug, nothing should be done in a corner. 
No special favouritism of the Master, no Master at that, even.

Onward, my brave boys -- money or no money -- men or no men! Have you love? Have you God? 
Onward and forward to the breach, you are irresistible. 

                 - Swami Vivekananda, 
                   Written to Alasinga Perumal from New York  


No comments:

Post a Comment