Sunday, September 29, 2019

Die Working for Others

… Put yourself to work, and you will find such tremendous power coming to you that you will find it hard to bear. 
Even the least work done for others awakens the power within; even thinking the least good of others gradually instills into the heart the strength of a lion. 
I love you all ever so much, but I wish you all to die working for others -- i should rather be glad to see you do that!

Disciple: What will become of those, then, who depend on me?
Swamiji: If you are ready to sacrifice your life for others, God will certainly provide some means for them. Have you not read in the Gita (VI. 40) the words of Shri Krishna, 
"न हि कल्याणकृत्कश्चित् दुर्गतिं तात गच्छति -- never does a doer of good, O my beloved, come to grief"?

Disciple: I see, sir. 

                - Swami Vivekananda, 
                  Conversations and Dialogues, 
                   recorded by Sharat Chandra Chakravarty  


No comments:

Post a Comment